Summer Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 22/23

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:39 am

Coady linked today…presumably based on nothing. Would definitely prefer Tarkowski personally.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:39 am
Coady linked today…presumably based on nothing. Would definitely prefer Tarkowski personally.
Both are quality.. but yeah I'll rather have Tarkowski even though there both at similar ages (28) and both have international honours. Why not just get both? I mean we could afford them now. Coady & Tarkowski as a CB partnership would be just what we need.. genuine Premier League quality with experience & you could argue there two of the best of the rest aka best CB's outside of the top 6.

Imagine.. Coady & Tarkowski with Lascelles, Schar & Dummet as back-up. Sell / release Clark & Fernandez. Loan Watts. Perfect. <awe>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:21 pm
Also if they were to do that and it was obvious they were doing it they could be more legal ramifications, especially if they were selling to other clubs for less than our offers. They would be in very dodgy ground I think.
I agree, I think there would be some anti-competition stuff going on there. No club is going to turn down money at the end of the day. They'd sell players to Pyongyang Albion if they stumped up the right amount of cash. They will assume Newcastle have unlimited supplies of money too, so will just add an extra 50% onto the cost.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:09 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Also if they were to do that and it was obvious they were doing it they could be more legal ramifications, especially if they were selling to other clubs for less than our offers. They would be in very dodgy ground I think.
I agree, I think there would be some anti-competition stuff going on there. No club is going to turn down money at the end of the day. They'd sell players to Pyongyang Albion if they stumped up the right amount of cash. They will assume Newcastle have unlimited supplies of money too, so will just add an extra 50% onto the cost.
Honestly that's the bigger worry, think that's why it's important for us to push hard for players who can leave for free in the summer. Getting anyone who isn't will be a ball ache.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
Exactly the right term, anti-competition. It will never be allowed to happen - but would never officially happen, at any rate. the important thing is what DS said above, if they accepted lesser offers from other clubs. That's the case where it would come into effect. Less or equal would be the important term. Completely metaphorical example, say we had a 40m bid for Dominic Calvin-Lewin rejected by Everton, but they accepted a 40m bid from Wolves, what reason could be given for that? Yeah could reject a bid from Liverpool, that would make sense. We've no established rivals in the league at the minute, there is no reason other than competitive for a team to reject doing business. And again, as Don Shola said, teams would back themselves into a corner if they won't sell to us - as legally speaking they couldn't sell to other premier league sides without a substantial price difference. And the prem is most likely going to be the place with the highest transfer offers. As others of said, in terms of our incoming transfer dealings, always foreign markets.

Doubt PSG will do us any favours, like.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:28 am

It's all posturing and bollocks. Fact is that most clubs will sell to us if we give them the money they want. Yeah there will be some who won't but there's a lot of fish in the barrel to go for. Fully expect to have to overpay a bit but that comes as no surprise. Clubs know we're a bit desperate (likely to be in the relegation zone in Jan) so why wouldn't they charge us more.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:40 am

A really good breakdown of our finances and current possible transfer spend.

It's insane that Ashley's negligence of the footballing side means we can do some insane stuff right off the bat if we wish to.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 am

Yeah, the irony of it all! It's basically a blank cheque to all intents and purposes. Hopefully we stay up <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:54 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 am
Yeah, the irony of it all! It's basically a blank cheque to all intents and purposes. Hopefully we stay up <laugh>
The fact it can be applied immediately means we could just go mental in January if we are in some real genuine danger. I know we won't go silly with it but we can potentially "buy" ourselves out of the situation if it comes to it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:54 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 am
The fact it can be applied immediately means we could just go mental in January if we are in some real genuine danger. I know we won't go silly with it but we can potentially "buy" ourselves out of the situation if it comes to it.
Tbh I think our only option is to buy ourselves out of it. The only games I can really see us winning before Jan is Norwich and Burnley at home, Brentford maybe, so it's almost certain we'll still be in the bottom 3 by then IMO.

As you say I don't think we'll go silly, but we'll certainly buy 3 or 4 PL quality players I think, maybe even someone like Ramsey on loan from Juventus isn't entirely unrealistic as it seems nobody else wants to pay his wages.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:26 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am
biggeordiedave wrote:

Exactly the right term, anti-competition. It will never be allowed to happen - but would never officially happen, at any rate. the important thing is what DS said above, if they accepted lesser offers from other clubs. That's the case where it would come into effect. Less or equal would be the important term. Completely metaphorical example, say we had a 40m bid for Dominic Calvin-Lewin rejected by Everton, but they accepted a 40m bid from Wolves, what reason could be given for that? Yeah could reject a bid from Liverpool, that would make sense. We've no established rivals in the league at the minute, there is no reason other than competitive for a team to reject doing business. And again, as Don Shola said, teams would back themselves into a corner if they won't sell to us - as legally speaking they couldn't sell to other premier league sides without a substantial price difference. And the prem is most likely going to be the place with the highest transfer offers. As others of said, in terms of our incoming transfer dealings, always foreign markets.

Isn't that the entire issue with the transfer system though? That it's all so arbitrary to begin with? There's no obligation for any club to sell their players, just as there's no limit to how much clubs can pay for a player. I really can't see any legal ground by which a club has to sell to the highest bidder - there are plenty of existing examples in which they didn't - whether it was because of player negotiations, clauses or schedule of payments. And besides, I wouldn't want us to have to force clubs' hands in the market that way anyway. I think there are plenty of continental clubs who need money right now and can't turn down market-priced offers - but I don't see any PL clubs who will be facing that plight or can't find a second English club that would match a reasonable offer.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:26 pm
Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am

Isn't that the entire issue with the transfer system though? That it's all so arbitrary to begin with? There's no obligation for any club to sell their players, just as there's no limit to how much clubs can pay for a player. I really can't see any legal ground by which a club has to sell to the highest bidder - there are plenty of existing examples in which they didn't - whether it was because of player negotiations, clauses or schedule of payments. And besides, I wouldn't want us to have to force clubs' hands in the market that way anyway. I think there are plenty of continental clubs who need money right now and can't turn down market-priced offers - but I don't see any PL clubs who will be facing that plight or can't find a second English club that would match a reasonable offer.
Yeah there is no legal requirement to sell to anybody. Seller has absolute control over who they sell to and they don't have to give a reason for their choice. Even if they do give a reason they can give whatever reason they like; won't sell to a team in same league, won't sell to a relegation rival, your team smells funny, your owner smells funny, or even I just don't like you.

GRB
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure

Post by GRB » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:02 pm

Linked with a Marvelous Nakamba. Oh the puns
ImageImage

Man utd play on Munich anniversary, tubes run on 7/7, planes still fly on 9/11, mackems play on 31/10.. Time to move on!!”

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:09 pm

GRB wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:02 pm
Whatever happened to Ferguson anyway?

Edit: Looked it up, and played for Millwall the 5 years after his time ended with us, and now at Rotherham.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:36 pm

GRB wrote:
I wouldn’t want him pre-takeover <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Considering we don't have a DOF, or manager, any rumoured player is just a product of an agent promoting their client or journalists creating content.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:51 pm
Considering we don't have a DOF, or manager, any rumoured player is just a product of an agent promoting their client or journalists creating content.
“Hi Graeme, I’ve got a really s*** midfielder who can’t get a game for Villa. You interested?”

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 pm

GRB wrote:
I'll take John McGin or Douglas Luiz though.. but yh Nakamba anit really inspiring.. is he even any better than what we have? <scratch>

We need a Aaron Ramsey, a Frank Kessie, a Renanto Sanches, James Ward-Prowse, Donny Van De Beek or Adrien Rabiot. Technically gifted, mobile & elegant box-to-box central midfielders who have pedigree & experience.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 pm
GRB wrote:
I'll take John McGin or Douglas Luiz though.. but yh Nakamba anit really inspiring.. is he even any better than what we have? <scratch>

We need a Aaron Ramsey, a Frank Kessie, a Renanto Sanches, James Ward-Prowse, Donny Van De Beek or Adrien Rabiot. Technically gifted, mobile & elegant box-to-box central midfielders who have pedigree & experience.
Agreed. McGinn for sure but can't see it happening. Douglas Luiz is a good DM but really we need someone better on the ball and able to pick a pass. Nakamba is s*** <laugh>

I don't think that Ramsey, JWP (thought Southampton may not sell to a relegation rival) and Van De Beek are unrealistic.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:39 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 pm
GRB wrote:

Elegant CMs <awe> <love>