Summer Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 22/23

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm

I remember when the bid first kicked off a year ago there was so much talk of van de Beek being one of the players they already had shortlisted so wouldn't be shocked to see us going for him. Seems desperate to leave Man Utd now.

Also the petty side of me wants us to get Ten Hag as manager and have van de Beek sign just to piss off all the Man Utd fans. <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm
I remember when the bid first kicked off a year ago there was so much talk of van de Beek being one of the players they already had shortlisted so wouldn't be shocked to see us going for him. Seems desperate to leave Man Utd now.

Also the petty side of me wants us to get Ten Hag as manager and have van de Beek sign just to piss off all the Man Utd fans. <laugh>
I like the idea of a Dutch invasion. At least there'd be a clear vision for our football.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm

I like the idea of a Dutch invasion. At least there'd be a clear vision for our football.
If we could emulate the Ajax system that would be phenomenal. I hope the owners aims for the academy are as high as the first team. I'm probably just as excited by the prospect of having the best academy not only in England but potentially the world.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:58 pm

If we could emulate the Ajax system that would be phenomenal. I hope the owners aims for the academy are as high as the first team. I'm probably just as excited by the prospect of having the best academy not only in England but potentially the world.
Agreed. For that reason I almost hope they have different goals for success when it comes to the club. As City has shown, they've developed an incredible academy, but when you're competing for the league title and disappointing in the CL, it's hard to actually lean on the promotion of academy players to get you over the top.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Agreed. For that reason I almost hope they have different goals for success when it comes to the club. As City has shown, they've developed an incredible academy, but when you're competing for the league title and disappointing in the CL, it's hard to actually lean on the promotion of academy players to get you over the top.
I love the idea of just building an identity. I think city do rely on just throwing money at the best players still and I think it's the same with Man Utd, both of those will have wobbly moments that they generally try to buy their way out of.

As much as I hate to say it Liverpool have it cracked, the amount of youth players that have been coming through without compromising the first team is crazy, everyone from top to bottom knows their role throughout the club, so you have youth players who can just slot in seamlessly. That model will take a while to develop but I think it's the way forward, sustaining your own squad as much as you can then sell those who just don't quite fit for decent money, and selectively buy players based on the actual need of the team/club identity.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Yeah Liverpool’s spending is nothing like man c and Man U, they buy/sell really well usually.

Watching Arsenal v Leeds and would definitely take Holding in Jan. We were linked last summer, he had a good end to last season but out of the team now they have White. Good defender and comfortable on the ball and carrying it out of defence. Easily better than Lascelles IMO.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm

I love the idea of just building an identity. I think city do rely on just throwing money at the best players still and I think it's the same with Man Utd, both of those will have wobbly moments that they generally try to buy their way out of.

As much as I hate to say it Liverpool have it cracked, the amount of youth players that have been coming through without compromising the first team is crazy, everyone from top to bottom knows their role throughout the club, so you have youth players who can just slot in seamlessly. That model will take a while to develop but I think it's the way forward, sustaining your own squad as much as you can then sell those who just don't quite fit for decent money, and selectively buy players based on the actual need of the team/club identity.
I think with City, Pep is such a strong manager they ultimately drill the identity into the players they bring in - but it can take some time. Overall I think they don't have the patience or at least confidence to rely on youth who may be able to do the job, and instead jump straight to buying the next expensive star. Obviously can't criticise the results, but they're certainly not leveraging the investment in their academy and some of the great youth talent they've attracted.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am

Apparently had our scouts watching Florian Wirtz last weekend. Top midfield prospect currently at Bayer Leverkusen

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am
Apparently had our scouts watching Florian Wirtz last weekend. Top midfield prospect currently at Bayer Leverkusen
Not sure about him. He made his senior debut for Germany and didn't even score against Liechtenstein. I mean, he had 8 minutes!

He's probably crap.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:38 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am
Would be a quality signing. Only 18 and looking like another ''Havertz'' or potentially better.

I see we're being linked to Dembele (the fast injury prone winger at Barca) & Hazard (a past it injury prone skilful winger). Not the type of players we should aiming for but Dembele on his day can be unplayable and would be a coup. Him & ASM on both wings would be <run> <run> <awe> & in terms of Hazard no thanks.. has been very average at Madrid & has had fitness/weight problems added to that he's always injured I'll pass, rather go for Bale instead.

We're being linked to Ismaila Sarr & James Ward-Prowse. That's more like it.. quality Premier League players who are ''the best of the rest'' (outside of the top 6). Sarr & ASM on both wings would be crazy.. the pace & skill would be unreal. He could go to a Liverpool but with the money & project we could offer him we got a chance.. I wonder if Watford would sell to us.. similar to Southampton. Watford paid around 30mil for Sarr so they would want double that or close to that figure (50 - 60 mil) & James Ward-Prowse would cost around 30 - 40 mil (minimum).. he's English, in his prime years, signed a new contract & is Southampton's best player. so we're looking at roughly spending 100 mil on 2 players... we could afford that easily but will our budget in Jan be that high? I mean if we're in serious trouble we're gonna have to spend heavily.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 am

I'd happily take both, but would wonder whether Southampton/Watford would sell to us in January with both of them likely to be in (Watford) or near (Southampton) the relegation fight.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 am

Think it will depend on the bid to be honest, if they are offered in the region of 40m then that gives them enough to improve their teams across the board.

Although I do think it's best we exploit contracts that are ending, would love us to get that Kamara who's been linked, looks a top talent, Tarkowski another that we have already spoken about. Zakaria is another great option. Also need to target the likes of Lingard, van de Beek etc plenty of top players who are not getting a fair crack at their clubs.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 am
Think it will depend on the bid to be honest, if they are offered in the region of 40m then that gives them enough to improve their teams across the board.

Although I do think it's best we exploit contracts that are ending, would love us to get that Kamara who's been linked, looks a top talent, Tarkowski another that we have already spoken about. Zakaria is another great option. Also need to target the likes of Lingard, van de Beek etc plenty of top players who are not getting a fair crack at their clubs.
Agreed with this too. Maybe.. cheeky pre-contract offer for Paul Pogba & Mbappe? <whistle>

But yeah Tarkowski would be a solid & realistic signing, Zakaria & Kamara too. Frank Kessie would be a quality signing & would be exactly what we need in the centre of midfield with his powerful all-round game but he'll probably have better footballing options (teams in the Champions League, etc). Other interesting games (realistically) that would improve our squad that have contracts expiring next summer (age attached to them) :

Andrea Belotti (27) (ST)
Jesus Corona (28) (Winger/Wing-back/full-back)
Ginter (27) (CB)
Azmoun (26) (ST)
Denayer (28) (CB)
Lacazette (30) (ST)
Lingard (28) (Winger/CAM)
Todd Cantwell (23) (Winger/CAM)
Tolisso (27) (DM/CM/CAM)
Isco (29) (CAM/CM)
Origi (26) (ST)
Witsel (32) (CM)
Gareth Bale (32) (Winger)
Matias Vecino (30) (CM)
Jereime Boga (24) (Winger)
Romagnoli (26) (CB)

As you can see I have specially targeted players in priority position. Mainly CB, DM/CM & upfront. I know full-back (especially LB) is a position we need to improve but there's nobody in that position that there contract is expiring this summer that's any better than what we already have.. but for 2023 (contracts expiring in two years so can try to negotiate a reduced fee) there's some good names like Robin Gosens, Raphael Guerriero, Jose Gaya, Grimaldo & Taglifacio. Also Rico Henry from Brentford (if he continues his form) could be worth a shout for next summer. RB we're OK for this season with Manquillo.. next summer we can look to improve that if necessary.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:57 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 am

Agreed with this too. Maybe.. cheeky pre-contract offer for Paul Pogba & Mbappe? <whistle>

But yeah Tarkowski would be a solid & realistic signing, Zakaria & Kamara too. Frank Kessie would be a quality signing & would be exactly what we need in the centre of midfield with his powerful all-round game but he'll probably have better footballing options (teams in the Champions League, etc). Other interesting games (realistically) that would improve our squad that have contracts expiring next summer (age attached to them) :

Andrea Belotti (27) (ST)
Ginter (27) (CB)
Azmoun (26) (ST)
Denayer (28) (CB)
Lacazette (30) (ST)
Tolisso (27) (DM/CM/CAM)
Isco (29) (CAM/CM)
Origi (26) (ST)
Witsel (32) (CM)
Matias Vecino (30) (CM)
Romagnoli (26) (CB)

As you can see I have specially targeted players in priority position. Mainly CB, DM/CM & upfront. I know full-back (especially LB) is a position we need to improve but there's nobody in that position that there contract is expiring this summer that's any better than what we already have.. but for 2023 (contracts expiring in two years so can try to negotiate a reduced fee) there's some good names like Robin Gosens, Raphael Guerriero, Jose Gaya, Grimaldo & Taglifacio. Also Rico Henry from Brentford (if he continues his form) could be worth a shout for next summer. RB we're OK for this season with Manquillo.. next summer we can look to improve that if necessary.
Pre contracts are not allowed by clubs in EPL on english league players until it is 3 months left on the contract. Clubs from other countries can do this when it's 6 months left. I know it might have been a joke, I just had to comment on that <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:44 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:57 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Andrea Belotti (27) (ST)
Ginter (27) (CB)
Azmoun (26) (ST)
Denayer (28) (CB)
Lacazette (30) (ST)
Tolisso (27) (DM/CM/CAM)
Isco (29) (CAM/CM)
Origi (26) (ST)
Witsel (32) (CM)
Matias Vecino (30) (CM)
Romagnoli (26) (CB)

Pre contracts are not allowed by clubs in EPL on english league players until it is 3 months left on the contract. Clubs from other countries can do this when it's 6 months left. I know it might have been a joke, I just had to comment on that <laugh>
I think it would be more likely we buy permanently rather than go for a pre contract. Does seem rare that these happen these days as it seems most teams are willing to pay a fee to get them immediately and most clubs want to get some money whilst they can.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Of course, people who are hunted by other clubs and who doesn't want to sign new one with their current club, but I do think clubs buying players who have 6 months left are still more rare than free transfer signings.
Usually there is a reason for them being out of contract, and it's not usually a Pogba case.
More often than not it is the club planning for next season or the players want a new experience, often in some other country.
On Sanchino's list for example, I am only familiar with Belotti wanting a new challenge, most of the other players are not wanted by their current club.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:51 pm

I see rumours of Wijnaldum not being happy in Paris. Now that would a amazing signing, and homecoming <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:39 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:51 pm
I see rumours of Wijnaldum not being happy in Paris. Now that would a amazing signing, and homecoming <awe>
Who’d have thought that leaving one of the best teams in the world with a rich history and great manager to join a group of individuals playing for a club just for money wouldn’t be all it’s cracked up to be, in a far weaker league.

*They might be signing for us in a few years for the same reason <laugh>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:41 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:39 pm
Oval85 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:51 pm
Who’d have thought that leaving one of the best teams in the world with a rich history and great manager to join a group of individuals playing for a club just for money wouldn’t be all it’s cracked up to be, in a far weaker league.

*They might be signing for us in a few years for the same reason <laugh>
Yeah, what a weird choice. Probably the reason why he feels uncomfortable allready, Liverpool was probably the happiest place in football world at the time he left <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:20 pm

He’d made himself a key part of their team too, seems the only reason he left was for more money.