Summer Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 22/23

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 am

Wouldn't want Ramsey, wasn't there talk his wages at Juve were around 400k a week? I have to question his motives for wanting that much, he's a great player but not worth that imo, also hasn't he fallen out with Juve too? For me there are too many questions whether he's worth the hassle especially seeing as he's picking up frequent injuries again. Just feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:38 am
Lingard being linked far too much for my liking. I'm not against fishing in the top four rejects bin, but if going anywhere near man u I'd rather Donny van de Beek.
I'd definitely take Lingard, more than good enough to improve our side. While we're in the bin I'd be looking at Ross Barkley too, another player who surely wants to prove himself again.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:31 pm
Lingard being linked far too much for my liking. I'm not against fishing in the top four rejects bin, but if going anywhere near man u I'd rather Donny van de Beek.
I'd definitely take Lingard, more than good enough to improve our side. While we're in the bin I'd be looking at Ross Barkley too, another player who surely wants to prove himself again.
Barkley has started a few games for Chelsea of late so Tuchel must see something there. He was decent for Villa first half of last season before his injury.

On Chelsea, would still take Sarr to bolster our defence and add some pace. We were linked in summer. There's no shame in trying to get few academy graduate players on loan from elite clubs, Gallagher at Palace being a great example (on loan from Chelsea).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Colly wrote:

Just think he's overrated and very hot and cold at best. Would want big wages you'd expect at this stage of his carer, and not sure he's deserving of them. Couple decent run outs on loan at West ham doesn't make him a good player.

Plus I went school with him and he's a bit of a t**.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:10 pm

I think Lingard improves us, did well for West Ham back end of last season, but I do get the concerns over his consistency. Think a loan for him would be the smarter option.

If we are going for any Man Utd player then it has to be Donny van de Beek, just hope Solskjaer is still around to freeze him out to make the transfer easier. <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:01 pm
Colly wrote:

Just think he's overrated and very hot and cold at best. Would want big wages you'd expect at this stage of his carer, and not sure he's deserving of them. Couple decent run outs on loan at West ham doesn't make him a good player.

Does sound plausible tbf <laugh>

The wages thing doesn't bother me too much, given that nobody actually 'deserves' the amount they get paid for hoofing a ball about. We pay Joelinton and Shelvey around £70k a week each already...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:26 pm
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Does sound plausible tbf <laugh>

The wages thing doesn't bother me too much, given that nobody actually 'deserves' the amount they get paid for hoofing a ball about. We pay Joelinton and Shelvey around £70k a week each already...
To be fair I was probably a t** at the same time as well <laugh> I agree with what you are saying with the wages, but Lingard is supposedly on around double those two you've mentioned. Would imagine he'd want similar if not more.

I wouldn't be against a loan but I feel like Man U would just want to ship him out with his contract running down. Plus I vaguely recall reading about very high loan fee demands for him in the summer.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 am
Wouldn't want Ramsey, wasn't there talk his wages at Juve were around 400k a week? I have to question his motives for wanting that much, he's a great player but not worth that imo, also hasn't he fallen out with Juve too? For me there are too many questions whether he's worth the hassle especially seeing as he's picking up frequent injuries again. Just feels like a disaster waiting to happen.
Fitness and health concerns - sure, that's a reasonable question mark. But I won't judge a player's motives for having taken the maximum salary possible from the most dominant Italian club of the past decade. Blame them for paying him so much, but his agent didn't a hold a gun to their heads. Will be interesting to see how much less his next contract pays him, because nobody will match those wages.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:10 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 am
Fitness and health concerns - sure, that's a reasonable question mark. But I won't judge a player's motives for having taken the maximum salary possible from the most dominant Italian club of the past decade. Blame them for paying him so much, but his agent didn't a hold a gun to their heads. Will be interesting to see how much less his next contract pays him, because nobody will match those wages.
Yeah that's a good point, just because he's on £400k a week now doesn't mean he'll have anyone offering him that if he does move.

Also don't begrudge him moving from Arsenal to Juventus, it was a no-brainer if you look at where both clubs were on the pitch at the time he left. He was moving to a title winning team from a side who haven't qualified for the CL for about 5 years now, and also having the chance as it was to play alongside one of the best players in the world in Ronaldo.

He did play over 30 games for Juventus last season, given that we don't progress in cups or play in Europe that would be more than enough for us.

I do think he might be a bit high profile to be interested in a relegation fight with us, but all depends if there are any other serious offers tabled (and that's even IF we are interested).

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:10 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Yeah that's a good point, just because he's on £400k a week now doesn't mean he'll have anyone offering him that if he does move.

Also don't begrudge him moving from Arsenal to Juventus, it was a no-brainer if you look at where both clubs were on the pitch at the time he left. He was moving to a title winning team from a side who haven't qualified for the CL for about 5 years now, and also having the chance as it was to play alongside one of the best players in the world in Ronaldo.

He did play over 30 games for Juventus last season, given that we don't progress in cups or play in Europe that would be more than enough for us.

I do think he might be a bit high profile to be interested in a relegation fight with us, but all depends if there are any other serious offers tabled (and that's even IF we are interested).
For sure, personally I don't have the same fitness concerns, but I'm also not going to debate anyone who may.

Credit to Ramsey for taking on the challenge at one of the top clubs on the continent, there still aren't a lot of British players doing that. Usually among other reasons because they will be paid more by an English club - this was probably an exception given the way Juve were spending at that moment in time.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:49 pm

The Times are linking us with Brozovic, De Vrij and Strakosha.
Would love Brozovic here, also bit confused at how strongly we are being linked with a GK, I think Dubravka is more than good enough for the time being, although he is becoming slightly injury prone I suppose.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

I’d be surprised if Dubravka doesn’t start at the weekend, been on our bench the last 2 league games so must be fit.

Howe will presumably go with what he sees as our strongest first XI so you’d think Dubravka (and Schar) would be in that.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm
I’d be surprised if Dubravka doesn’t start at the weekend, been on our bench the last 2 league games so must be fit.

Howe will presumably go with what he sees as our strongest first XI so you’d think Dubravka (and Schar) would be in that.
I do fear Schar being away on international duty might be a downside - as he he'll have missed a lot of the training.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:13 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

I do fear Schar being away on international duty might be a downside - as he he'll have missed a lot of the training.
Yeah that’s true, tho he’ll probably show Howe within 1 hour on the training pitch that he’s vastly more competent on the ball than any of our other defenders (and most of our midfield probably <laugh> ).

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:49 pm
Would love Brozovic here, also bit confused at how strongly we are being linked with a GK, I think Dubravka is more than good enough for the time being, although he is becoming slightly injury prone I suppose.
Agree with this. We seem constantly linked with Goalkeepers, which is really odd. Dubravka obviously first choice, injury problems an issue. But even then, Darlow has proven himself at least mid-lower premier league capable. For the time being we are set in that position, hardly a priority considering how s**** we are the rest of the pitch. Links to ter Stegen were laughable.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Remember that most of these links are utter bollocks with no foundation. I wouldn’t be surprised if we weren’t remotely interested in any keeper’.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:16 pm
Remember that most of these links are utter bollocks with no foundation. I wouldn’t be surprised if we weren’t remotely interested in any keeper’.
Hence the above confusion <laugh>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:49 pm
Would all be quality signings except Strakosha which would be a pointless signing as we already have Dubra and a steady enough lower-mid table (Prem level) goalie in Darlow so I don't see why we constantly getting linked to a GK all the time, it's the least position we need to prioritise. Dubra is only 32 and still has plenty of years left at the top level but yeah his only con is his injury record. Darlow's 31 and is a more than a good enough no.2/no.1 (cup comeptitons).. will he want to be no.2 now that he's shown his worth? Could easily play for a top Championship side/newly promoted teams in the Prem.

Talking of Seria A there's a lot of central midfield players we should look at.. Kessie, Rabiot, Ramsey, Castroviili, Marko Rog, Mattias Svanberg & Razvan Marin to name a few. inter have Sensi & Matias Vecino who I'll take too.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 pm

I wonder if Lindgard would turn up in our club like he did at West Ham... <scratch>
I feel like he is certainly someone worth gambling on. Not sure he has the right mindset though, but he looked pissed off and great with the Hammers. I would love a Lindgard who wanted to show ManUtd what he could have been if they shown him some trust.
Didn't he have a interview a few years back where he admitted to have been taking it for granted as a youth and was usually partying every weekend?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case, as it is with lots of footballers who find fame and fortune at a very young age.

But he applied himself straightaway at West Ham and just wanted to play football and show what he could do, would definitely take him.