January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10927
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case, as it is with lots of footballers who find fame and fortune at a very young age.

But he applied himself straightaway at West Ham and just wanted to play football and show what he could do, would definitely take him.
Or just most people of a young age <laugh>
Footballers just spend more while doing it!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Sanchino » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 pm
I wonder if Lindgard would turn up in our club like he did at West Ham... <scratch>
I feel like he is certainly someone worth gambling on. Not sure he has the right mindset though, but he looked pissed off and great with the Hammers. I would love a Lindgard who wanted to show ManUtd what he could have been if they shown him some trust.
Didn't he have a interview a few years back where he admitted to have been taking it for granted as a youth and was usually partying every weekend?
Yeah I'll defo take him. Can play in the CAM role & out wide (RW/LW). Creative, pacey, skilful & technically gifted (ball control, passing, shooting, etc). Worth the gamble for sure.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10927
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Rumours out there that Cyle Larin has been offered to us from Besiktas. I've selfishly been talking up Jonathan David from Lille as the Canadian striker we need, but Larin shares a lot of similar qualities (better hold-up play, similar finisher, but not nearly the dribbler of JD), is a few years older (26), but less expensive. Took a bit of time to successfully transition to European football, but he's been a beast for the past season and a half - including 14 international goals this calendar year.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31775
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Can't say I've ever heard of him but would be a bit of a risk; only had one good season (last season) in Europe looking at his stats, in a league that isn't particularly strong.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10927
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Can't say I've ever heard of him but would be a bit of a risk; only had one good season (last season) in Europe looking at his stats, in a league that isn't particularly strong.
Oh, we probably shouldn't actually take the risk of buying him. But as a fellow Kyle from Canada (ignoring his spelling), I want to be the first on record to say I supported the idea if it happened and he was a hit. And more a reflection on our historically terrible and mismanaged national program, but he's become our all-time goalscorer now too.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31775
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:41 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Can't say I've ever heard of him but would be a bit of a risk; only had one good season (last season) in Europe looking at his stats, in a league that isn't particularly strong.
Oh, we probably shouldn't actually take the risk of buying him. But as a fellow Kyle from Canada (ignoring his spelling), I want to be the first on record to say I supported the idea if it happened and he was a hit. And more a reflection on our historically terrible and mismanaged national program, but he's become our all-time goalscorer now too.
<laugh>

Kyle Canning from Neighbours is my favourite Kyle, you can be second <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10927
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:41 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Oh, we probably shouldn't actually take the risk of buying him. But as a fellow Kyle from Canada (ignoring his spelling), I want to be the first on record to say I supported the idea if it happened and he was a hit. And more a reflection on our historically terrible and mismanaged national program, but he's become our all-time goalscorer now too.
<laugh>

Kyle Canning from Neighbours is my favourite Kyle, you can be second <roll>
As long as I'm ahead of Kyle Christie of Geordie Shore/The Challenge. <gent>

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 10438
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Been linked with that Vlahovic a few times, another who would have some better options right now. Our transfer business will be massively effected by the next month, need to pick up some wins and look in a decent position to avoid relegation.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Sanchino » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:48 pm
Been linked with that Vlahovic a few times, another who would have some better options right now. Our transfer business will be massively effected by the next month, need to pick up some wins and look in a decent position to avoid relegation.
Would be a top-class signing for sure, as he can easliy go to a Champions League team in the summer so would be a big coupe for us. Exactly the sort of striker we need to partner with Wilson. Big, strong, powerful, mobile & can finish.

Post Reply