Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 am

gola wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:25 am
One last thing before bedtime looking forward to the laugh merchants cowering away when Wood scores a few goals in the next few games and we also bring in Patrick Schick for 50m before deadline day ;)
<laugh> lol yeh hes gonna start bangin them in m8 genuinely gr8 signin will suit r system n gr8 backup well chuffed with him cos i ctually think hes good player in general but schick is a non starter m8. bayer are goin for champs league in germany n they wnt get rid my bro knows guy who wks for his agency and theres no chance hes movin this window m8 mayb in summer bt not now bt anywayim happy with wood n eki if we can get him
I was just using him as an example tbh
I'll Hazard a guess

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:51 am

People mocking it but I think it's an astute signing considering we have Wilson out for at least 8 weeks. He's scored double figures the last 4 seasons and can hit the ground running. I don't think we would have gone for him had it not been for Wilson's injury. People mocking the price tag but does it really matter when we're the richest football club in the world? It also hinders Burnley which is a bonus.

Trippier and Wood is a good start. Still need another ST and a CB though.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 am

originallad wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:51 am
People mocking it but I think it's an astute signing considering we have Wilson out for at least 8 weeks. He's scored double figures the last 4 seasons and can hit the ground running. I don't think we would have gone for him had it not been for Wilson's injury. People mocking the price tag but does it really matter when we're the richest football club in the world? It also hinders Burnley which is a bonus.

Trippier and Wood is a good start. Still need another ST and a CB though.
100% this.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:32 am

originallad wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:51 am
People mocking the price tag but does it really matter when we're the richest football club in the world?
This is the big thing for me, it's not like the dark days of the Ashley era where spending this money now meant the summer would be spent haggling over one loan fee. If Wood contributes to us staying up with a few crucial goals then it was money well spent.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am

gola wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 am
gola wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 pm

yeh gd point m8
lmao lokm wat can happen in couple days weve gone from no vchance to medical <dotheameobi> <dotheameobi> friday announcement???? lol
Hope not. Think he needs to be in for Thursday midday in order to be registered for the Watford game.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 am

The Athletic report that Championship side Luton Town are closing in on a loan move for Magpies prospect Elliot Anderson.

19 year-old Anderson has scored seven goals at U23 level this season and made the first team bench in recent weeks. However he's not gained any senior experience since a pair of substitute appearances a year ago.

Luton expressed an interest in taking him to Kenilworth Road at the start of this season, but no move followed as the player was recovering from a hip problem.

Will be a good move at a good standard I think, it's a shame he hasn't had a chance this season as looks to have talent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 am

Just putting it out there...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am

First one wasn’t a screamer tho for me!

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:57 am

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am
gola wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 am

lmao lokm wat can happen in couple days weve gone from no vchance to medical <dotheameobi> <dotheameobi> friday announcement???? lol
Hope not. Think he needs to be in for Thursday midday in order to be registered for the Watford game.
lol yeh that wudnt be gd bt we love a friday announcment n lol who knows else cud come in <dotheameobi> <dotheameobi>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:58 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 am
gola wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 am

<laugh> lol yeh hes gonna start bangin them in m8 genuinely gr8 signin will suit r system n gr8 backup well chuffed with him cos i ctually think hes good player in general but schick is a non starter m8. bayer are goin for champs league in germany n they wnt get rid my bro knows guy who wks for his agency and theres no chance hes movin this window m8 mayb in summer bt not now bt anywayim happy with wood n eki if we can get him
I was just using him as an example tbh
ah right noworries 8) yeh example i get u

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:59 am

2nd carroll goal was class man

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am
Anythings a screamer compared to what we watch every week...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:24 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am
Anythings a screamer compared to what we watch every week...
Fair <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:31 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:29 am
Well I hope he does well but we were promised that they had planned meticulously for this transfer window. This signing feels a bit desperate
Fair if he's a disappointment. Though I'm curious who the "they" even is right now considering we've yet to hire a Director of Football. And for all they might have prepared with extensive lists of targets and a budget, it's hard to know who you can actually buy until the window opens and clubs play ball - especially in the first week or two of it. Especially I also imagine the Wilson injury impacted plans.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:33 pm

best laid plans and all that

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Beatski wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:33 pm
best laid plans and all that
For sure. And frankly, why should we assume the new ownership is going to hit the ground running on all fronts? Sure, they have a lot of money and have been successful in business and totalitarian governance, but there's no new astute footballing front office experience in the fold yet as far as I know. And the January transfer market is more complicated than taking down Sports Direct advertising or allowing the comms department to actually do their job.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:20 pm

Some of our fans seriously underestimate how difficult it is to tie up transfers etc, especially in Jan given a) our position in the league and b) the Covid situation at most clubs.

Most of the vocal ones have grown up on FIFA and Football Manager and think it’s just “offer more money” then confirm deal.

Same with a DoF, taking any senior figure from any multimillion pound company or organisation is time consuming and complex.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:15 pm

Exactly. Even if we buy a top striker in the summer, he'll be a good third choice to have for the length of his contract

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:20 pm
Some of our fans seriously underestimate how difficult it is to tie up transfers etc, especially in Jan given a) our position in the league and b) the Covid situation at most clubs.

Most of the vocal ones have grown up on FIFA and Football Manager and think it’s just “offer more money” then confirm deal.

Same with a DoF, taking any senior figure from any multimillion pound company or organisation is time consuming and complex.
Absolutely. People so often focus on the buying club's side of the equation, but ignore the question of "why should the opposing team sell?". Maybe it's because we've hardly had a player good enough in recent years to even be fending off suitors, but in a market where players continue to get more and more expensive, holding onto establish high-performing talent is a lot easier (and often cheaper) than replacing it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 pm

Good point - who actually was the last player we had that other clubs actively chased? Genuinely can’t remember <laugh>

A few have left for nominal fees etc. but who’s actually been pursued?