Leeds Vs NUFC

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Leeds Vs NUFC

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Well before today I thought we were done, now in the true bipolar NUFC fashion we can definitely stay up! Massive win, combined with Everton losing makes our game in 2 weeks absolutely colossal for both sides and Everton will be under just as much pressure as we are which will hopefully be beneficial to us.

It’ll also be a shot in the arm for potential transfers. If we were 5 points adrift then who’d want to come in? Now there’s realistic hope.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Makes a change to win a must win game!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:58 pm

Looked at HT and then forgot to look again.

We won? Surprisingly happy.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm

This should give a massive boost for their family trip to Saudi. Hopefully it sparks a few players wanting to join us as well when they actually show up to fight.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:58 pm

Massive win! Hope is back on the cards

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 am

Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 am

Beatski wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:58 pm
true beats m8, howe (get it lol) do u reckon well have this hope 4 m8?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:24 pm

gola wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 am
Beatski wrote:
true beats m8, howe (get it lol) do u reckon well have this hope 4 m8?
Until our next draw/loss knowing most fans

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:44 pm

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Beatski wrote:
This. <diva>

Great win and performance. Really grinded it out. Looked like the Willock of old yesterday (especially 2nd half). Loads of energy and running power, could have scored at the end if it weren't for a terrific save by the keeper. ASM as much as he can be frustrating he can be devastating too and yesterday he showed he can be the difference maker. Wood still looks abit of the pace but only second game in and he literally won everything in the air (knock downs, flick ones, good hold-up play), he's a solid target-man but I feel we need another type of striker like a upgrade on Gayle.. someone who can has pace and can run past players with trickery/skill and has good technique/movement. A Suarez type player to be exact.. hmm I heard he's not getting on with Simeone no more so maybe a cheeky punt for him? We could afford his wage package and would add class/experience/technical ability to the front line.

Anyways positive thinking we'll get a NEW ST, a defensive midfielder, 2 CB's and 1 creative midfielder. A LB would be great too but can't see us getting 6 signings now. I'll be happy with a NEW ST(Suarez/Nunez/Morelos/Dembele), DM (Bissouma/Zakaria/Gerson/etc), 2 CB's (Tarwoski/Diego Carlos/etc), 1 LB (Bakker/Grimaldo/Targett/etc) & creative / attacking midfielder (Lingard/Dele Ali/Barkely/etc).

If we have this line-up by the time the Everton game comes I'll be confident in survival :

Dubra
Trippier Carlos Schar* Lewis*
Bissouma
Joelinton Shelvey*

Lingard* Wood* ASM

*Ideally a new CB but Schar's been decent these past few games so wouldn't be unhappy with him still starting but someone to replace Lascelles is needed such as Diego Carlos/etc.
*If we can't get a new LB in then Lewis will be OK till the summer. Ritchie needs replacing & Dummet is solid but prefer him as a back-up LB/CB.

*As much as Shelvey's been rejuvenated under Howe we got to see how long this form last but he can keep his consistently and form going then he deserves to be a first team regular (even after summer). Need a strong enforcer there if we're going to play 3 in the middle to compliment him and Joelinton... I think a aggressive and powerful ball-winner like Bissouma would do the trick.

*In terms of attack we've looked good but always room for improvement. As I've said Wood is a solid target-man that can give us a focal point but in terms of overall style of play I think a Suarez type player (who's technically gifted and quick) would suit us better especially if we're hitting teams on the counter and trying to use a high-pressure game. Of course we have Wilson to come back eventually too but we can't rely on him too much due to his injury record and he's approaching his 30s.

*Fraser has looked decent since Howe came in and has been playing better than he did when Bruce was in charge but there's still question marks about his fitness/consistency and I think with someone more flexible/creative/skilful who can play in most attacking positions like Lingard can it'll improve our attack. Plus I feel like Fraser coming of the bench would be a much bigger threat as he can use his pace and movement to hurt tiring defences.

Need to get rid of the likes of Clark, Ritchie, Gayle, Hendrick, etc. Don't see it happening in this window though..

That's just my two cents.. even if we don't get all of those players but at least bring in a CDM, a CB and another attacker then are chances of surviving will have increased. <awe>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:12 am

Shelvey got into Garth's team of the week <awe>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:12 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 pm
Beatski wrote:
This. <diva>

Great win and performance. Really grinded it out. Looked like the Willock of old yesterday (especially 2nd half). Loads of energy and running power, could have scored at the end if it weren't for a terrific save by the keeper. ASM as much as he can be frustrating he can be devastating too and yesterday he showed he can be the difference maker. Wood still looks abit of the pace but only second game in and he literally won everything in the air (knock downs, flick ones, good hold-up play), he's a solid target-man but I feel we need another type of striker like a upgrade on Gayle.. someone who can has pace and can run past players with trickery/skill and has good technique/movement. A Suarez type player to be exact.. hmm I heard he's not getting on with Simeone no more so maybe a cheeky punt for him? We could afford his wage package and would add class/experience/technical ability to the front line.

Anyways positive thinking we'll get a NEW ST, a defensive midfielder, 2 CB's and 1 creative midfielder. A LB would be great too but can't see us getting 6 signings now. I'll be happy with a NEW ST(Suarez/Nunez/Morelos/Dembele), DM (Bissouma/Zakaria/Gerson/etc), 2 CB's (Tarwoski/Diego Carlos/etc), 1 LB (Bakker/Grimaldo/Targett/etc) & creative / attacking midfielder (Lingard/Dele Ali/Barkely/etc).

If we have this line-up by the time the Everton game comes I'll be confident in survival :

Dubra
Trippier Carlos Schar* Lewis*
Bissouma
Joelinton Shelvey*

Lingard* Wood* ASM

*Ideally a new CB but Schar's been decent these past few games so wouldn't be unhappy with him still starting but someone to replace Lascelles is needed such as Diego Carlos/etc.
*If we can't get a new LB in then Lewis will be OK till the summer. Ritchie needs replacing & Dummet is solid but prefer him as a back-up LB/CB.

*As much as Shelvey's been rejuvenated under Howe we got to see how long this form last but he can keep his consistently and form going then he deserves to be a first team regular (even after summer). Need a strong enforcer there if we're going to play 3 in the middle to compliment him and Joelinton... I think a aggressive and powerful ball-winner like Bissouma would do the trick.

*In terms of attack we've looked good but always room for improvement. As I've said Wood is a solid target-man that can give us a focal point but in terms of overall style of play I think a Suarez type player (who's technically gifted and quick) would suit us better especially if we're hitting teams on the counter and trying to use a high-pressure game. Of course we have Wilson to come back eventually too but we can't rely on him too much due to his injury record and he's approaching his 30s.

*Fraser has looked decent since Howe came in and has been playing better than he did when Bruce was in charge but there's still question marks about his fitness/consistency and I think with someone more flexible/creative/skilful who can play in most attacking positions like Lingard can it'll improve our attack. Plus I feel like Fraser coming of the bench would be a much bigger threat as he can use his pace and movement to hurt tiring defences.

Need to get rid of the likes of Clark, Ritchie, Gayle, Hendrick, etc. Don't see it happening in this window though..

That's just my two cents.. even if we don't get all of those players but at least bring in a CDM, a CB and another attacker then are chances of surviving will have increased. <awe>
Agree on all fronts when it comes to our lineup. For me almost every player except for Lascelles has individually looked better under Howe, but the sum of the performances just haven't produced many more wins. However, it at least has led me to think that even though every position besides RB now could be upgraded, I at least think many of these players would be sufficient back-ups for the next couple seasons - which is more than I thought of most of them even a few months ago.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:12 am
Shelvey got into Garth's team of the week <awe>
ticked all the right boxes on the famously in-depth Crooks algorithm

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)