Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:44 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:04 pm
Rumours again of Bruno to psg due to him going to Disney land with his kid <laugh>

He has travelled to Paris a few times in the last few months mind <urgh>
I went to Disney in February and have just signed a 4 year deal at Metz, so I think we should be worried.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 pm
Lloyd Kelly and Tosin Adarabioyo on free transfers apparently near to done deals
Very decent business wrapped up already if true. Experienced quality pros who know what this league is about and improves the depth in the squad. Heard Kelly can cover all across the back four positions so will be useful and Tosin could be Dummet/Lascelles replacement?

Need to shift out the likes of Dummet, Ritchie, Targett (?), Lewis, Hendrick, Fraser, etc. Sell our valuable assets such as Wilson / Miggy who are not getting any younger/injury-prone/inconsistent and I would also look to sell Longstaff. Karius seems to be on his way out.. if we sell Dubraka then we need a no.2 to challenge Pope and Gilpsie can be kept as 3rd choice. Get in a NEW RW, keep Murphy as squad player/back-up and Minteh potentially loan him out to a stronger league (Bundesliga, etc), get a versatile attacker who can cover the ST position and the wings (Depay type player) to replace a ageing and injury-prone Wilson. Get a new dedicated defensive mid to free up Bruno/Big Joe more in the final third and then we have Tonali, Willock, Anderson and young Miley as cover/depth (maybe loan Miley with a recall option). <ok>

Also I know Hall's perm transfer will be activated.. so if we keep him and sell Targett we should look to get in a new LB to compete with him as I don't want us to be relying on Burn to play there as we can clearly see he's a way better CB than LB.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am

So in terms of other players we had scouts at both of Atalantas last few games with Ederson and Koopenmeiners being our watching brief

We also had scouts in Tbilisi during playoffs with Marmadashvili thought to be high in our thoughts

Diogo Costa from porto also watched.

Lille keeper Chevalier also been watched a few times too. Jonathan David also
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am
So in terms of other players we had scouts at both of Atalantas last few games with Ederson and Koopenmeiners being our watching brief

We also had scouts in Tbilisi during playoffs with Marmadashvili thought to be high in our thoughts

Now this would be a statement signing and the perfect replacement for a ageing injury-prone Wilson. Him and Isak can play in a two man partnership or move Isak out wide if needed. Consistently been scoring 15-25 goals for the last 5 seasons or so, only 24, has pace to burn, very good finisher and would suit Howe's high tempo high intensity high pressure style of play.

Him, Isak, Barnes, Gordon and Big Joe running at you in transition and on the break is frightening the level of pace, speed, power and dynamism we would have is scary! <yikes>

Only issue is Lille paid 30 million euros for him nearly 4 years ago now.. so he will be worth at least double or if not triple that now. 50 million + Wilson could do the trick? <whistle>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am

Now this would be a statement signing and the perfect replacement for a ageing injury-prone Wilson. Him and Isak can play in a two man partnership or move Isak out wide if needed. Consistently been scoring 15-25 goals for the last 5 seasons or so, only 24, has pace to burn, very good finisher and would suit Howe's high tempo high intensity high pressure style of play.

Him, Isak, Barnes, Gordon and Big Joe running at you in transition and on the break is frightening the level of pace, speed, power and dynamism we would have is scary! <yikes>

Only issue is Lille paid 30 million euros for him nearly 4 years ago now.. so he will be worth at least double or if not triple that now. 50 million + Wilson could do the trick? <whistle>
David's contract expires next summer so Lille might accept something around a similar 30m fee for him

Šesko is another who we've watched closely but I'd say he'd be higher fee wise than David
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Yeah, seen the renewed links to Sesko. He's one of them that's been talked about for a bit to have a high ceiling, but hasn't quite shown it just yet. Still, him or David (AND??) would be very good signings. Young and impressive, and prove what we are trying to do. Like Sanchino says, bit of a statement.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm
Yeah, seen the renewed links to Sesko. He's one of them that's been talked about for a bit to have a high ceiling, but hasn't quite shown it just yet. Still, him or David (AND??) would be very good signings. Young and impressive, and prove what we are trying to do. Like Sanchino says, bit of a statement.
He's scored 9 goals in 26 games as a 20 year old so not bad
And 11 in 28 for Slovenia.

Unfortunately the Red Bull link brought him to Leipzig in the summer, if he had a decent euros than they'll make a nice tidy profit on him
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 pm

I'd be surprised if we got Sesko, seeing as he'd cost big money and realistically we're looking for a backup to Isak (which would also put off the top talents)

Think the majority of our money would be better spent elsewhere, for me a top class right winger

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:35 am

Yeah sesko seems nailed for a huge move and we’re not really in the position to be able to spend most of what we have on one statement signing.

Agree that RW is the key focus, and then a backup striker as Wilson will be off in summer by the sounds of it. Defence will be fine with Hall, plus if the two rumoured free transfers happen.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:45 am

I can defo see Wilson and Miggy being moved on in the Summer.

So replacements for them. Another RW/RWB and a CB is needed as priority I think. Having Tonali back will be great too.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 am

originallad wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:45 am
I can defo see Wilson and Miggy being moved on in the Summer.

So replacements for them. Another RW/RWB and a CB is needed as priority I think. Having Tonali back will be great too.
If we get Adarabioyo on a free from Fulham I think we’re okay at centre back as we’d have Schar and Burn (who looks class at centre back tbf) as first choice until Botman is back, and then Adarabioyo to cover and settle in. He’s also got a lot more pace than the defenders we have so will be a welcome addition!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 am

Kenneth Taylor from Ajax another one our radar.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:42 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 am
Kenneth Taylor from Ajax another one our radar.
Sounds like someone’s granddad!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:46 am

Can definitely hear my mum saying "Did you hear about Kenneth Taylor?".

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:46 am
Can definitely hear my mum saying "Did you hear about Kenneth Taylor?".
“Such a lovely man, 88 he was”.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:43 pm

Great name alright, oddly not sure if he actually has any English heritage
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:10 pm

<laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 pm

Almost as good as Kevin MacAllister, Alexis McAllister's brother.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:20 pm

That's cheating though since it's deliberate.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:35 pm

Well I just googled Kenneth Taylor, and the auto complete suggested "Kenneth Taylor obituary"