<laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am

beatski wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:35 pm
Well I just googled Kenneth Taylor, and the auto complete suggested "Kenneth Taylor obituary"
Will the injury crisis never end?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am
So in terms of other players we had scouts at both of Atalantas last few games with Ederson and Koopenmeiners being our watching brief

We also had scouts in Tbilisi during playoffs with Marmadashvili thought to be high in our thoughts

Diogo Costa from porto also watched.

Lille keeper Chevalier also been watched a few times too. Jonathan David also
Don't get my hopes up! I've made my feelings known about my fellow Canuck <goat>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am

Lol'ing at the logic from Arsenal fans thinking they could afford Isak this summer.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm

jpg wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am
Lol'ing at the logic from Arsenal fans thinking they could afford Isak this summer.
They found £115m for Rice and £70m for Havertz last summer…

If he did move he’d probably want to go to a team capable of winning major trophies anyway.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm
jpg wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am

If he did move he’d probably want to go to a team capable of winning major trophies anyway.
I think we could fetch at least £100-120m for Isak, perhaps more selling to a club in the same league... but I really hope it doesn't come to that.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm

Chappy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 pm
bodacious benny wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm

I think we could fetch at least £100-120m for Isak, perhaps more selling to a club in the same league... but I really hope it doesn't come to that.
Yeah I think it would be pushing £100m given his age and record since he joined us. Really don’t think it happens this summer tho.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 pm

We have way too many gaps in the side, as demonstrated by the low-points of this season to replace the best player of it. Some will say we could use his revenue to buy several upgrades, but having held tight pursestrings this year there'd be no excuse for selling the most talented player we have (no disrespect to Bruno or Gordon).

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 pm
We have way too many gaps in the side, as demonstrated by the low-points of this season to replace the best player of it. Some will say we could use his revenue to buy several upgrades, but having held tight pursestrings this year there'd be no excuse for selling the most talented player we have (no disrespect to Bruno or Gordon).
And how hard is it to replace an elite goalscorer? Very!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm

Mentioned this on twitter yesterday, they are going on like he would be a £10m buy, in this current market and with his current contract status he's £120m+, they dont have the financial power to pay what we would ask for.

The only way he's affordable is if he has a clause hidden away.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 am

Anyone else seen the plans to expand build a new stadium btw? Does this tap into FFP or is a separate thing entirely?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am

Chappy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 am
Anyone else seen the plans to expand build a new stadium btw? Does this tap into FFP or is a separate thing entirely?
Spending on infrastructure doesn’t count.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:31 am

bodacious benny wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am
Chappy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 am
Spending on infrastructure doesn’t count.
Happy days!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:46 am

Am I right in saying that interest paid on stadium infrastructure does count though? Doesn't really matter for us, but I think that's what caught Everton out.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:42 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:46 am
Am I right in saying that interest paid on stadium infrastructure does count though? Doesn't really matter for us, but I think that's what caught Everton out.
Correct - Everton's stadium has definitely contributed to their problems.

As an aside, I would hate for a stadium anywhere but overlooking Leazes Park. It being central to the city is so critical to stadium access and the matchday experience - for those attending or even those just watching within the city. And I say that with the appreciation of challenges expanding in place, having previously lived in Leazes Terrace, and then on Leazes Crescent. But perhaps that just makes me biased too.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:46 pm

Yeah even tho I’m not from the area it would be such a shame to ever move out of the city centre. Having been to a fair few away grounds over the last 10-15 years, stadiums on out of town retail parks or industrial estates are totally bland and soul destroying. It would be a loss to the city if the buzz of match day was ever diluted.

Anyone who’s ever had the misfortune of visiting a ground like Stoke or Leicester will know what I mean.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:11 pm

Being linked with Chisea again. Only a year on his contract, and can play on either wing. Big concern would be that he's missed a lot of games due to injury

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:15 pm

beatski wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:11 pm
Being linked with Chisea again. Only a year on his contract, and can play on either wing. Big concern would be that he's missed a lot of games due to injury
Welcome home, son!

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:50 pm

beatski wrote:
Don’t watch a lot of Serie A but apparently he’s a player who only ever performs at international level and underwhelms domestically. Explains the link I guess!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm

beatski wrote:
Worth a gamble if it's 20-25 mil.. anything above that might be a bit of a stretch. Pacey, skilful and versatile. At 26 he's at a good age and entering his peak years. Would be a upgrade on Miggy / Murphy. I say we go for him.. sell Miggy to Saudi or wherever n' reinvest the money into Chisea or a Neto type player. Keep Murphy as back-up, sell Miggy and loan Minteh out.

ST - Isak, NEW ST (If Wilson goes which is looking likely)
RW - Chisea, Murphy*
LW - Gordon, Barnes*

*We know Gordon can play RW effectively too and can play as 3rd choice striker if needed. If needed we also have Big Joe and Willock who can cover LW. Anderson has played RW effectively too. The ideal situation would be to get a young good value back-up striker with potential from overseas who can play out wide if needed. Someone like Hee-Chan Hwang from Wolves but he's on the older side of 28.. Elye Wahi?, Moise Kean?... someone like Griezmann would be perfect but he's 33 and will be on massive wages.. would anyone take his team-mate Depay who's 30 and can play upfront and out-wide too? if we can find a younger version of Grizemann that would be great. Can play through the middle but as effective out-wide too then our attacking options will be looking formidable and dangerous to mount a serious top four 4 challenge. <awe>