NUFC Takeover Petition

ToonFanTakeover
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 am

NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by ToonFanTakeover » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 am

A petition has been formed to investigate the EPL on their conduct during the NUFC takeover and it already has 42,000 signatures. The link is ‬ -

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... er-process

Please sign and share to rule out any corruption against the toon by the EPL

User avatar
DavideDuck
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Posts: 10331
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by DavideDuck » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Yes, let's protest one corrupted organisation's inability to facilitate another corrupted organisation's acquisition of our football club.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Image
Image
Image
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

User avatar
Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by Chappy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm

ToonFanTakeover wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 am
A petition has been formed to investigate the EPL on their conduct during the NUFC takeover and it already has 42,000 signatures. The link is ‬ -

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... er-process

Please sign and share to rule out any corruption against the toon by the EPL
Won't achieve owt like but signed anyway...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28769
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Pointless unless we get Dr Marcus Rashford to push it.

In seriousness it won’t change a thing.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9048
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by Speedo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:08 pm

I’m kind of bothered by the way it’s written. It makes it sound like Saudi are the good guys. The issue that’s worth complaining about is the PL, its lack of transparency and clarity, its total refusal to take responsibility - not our takeover specifically, or the goodness (or otherwise) of Saudi Arabia.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert
Resident Financial Expert
Posts: 6917
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 pm

Haven't read the petition (got better things to do with my time), but if the complaint is that the EPL didn't just dismiss the takeover out of hand then yes I will sign. Otherwise not a chance in hell.

ToonFanTakeover
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 am

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by ToonFanTakeover » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 am

Chappy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm
ToonFanTakeover wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 am
A petition has been formed to investigate the EPL on their conduct during the NUFC takeover and it already has 42,000 signatures. The link is ‬ -

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... er-process

Please sign and share to rule out any corruption against the toon by the EPL
Won't achieve owt like but signed anyway...

52,000 signatures now with ex players signing

ToonFanTakeover
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 am

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by ToonFanTakeover » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:03 pm
Pointless unless we get Dr Marcus Rashford to push it.

In seriousness it won’t change a thing.
Maybe not but at the end of the day - If we can we tried, them it’s worth it

ToonFanTakeover
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:23 am

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by ToonFanTakeover » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 am

Speedo wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:08 pm
I’m kind of bothered by the way it’s written. It makes it sound like Saudi are the good guys. The issue that’s worth complaining about is the PL, its lack of transparency and clarity, its total refusal to take responsibility - not our takeover specifically, or the goodness (or otherwise) of Saudi Arabia.

The end goal is to investigate the PL conduct as there is suspected foul play at work. It’s using the takeover as an example

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23585
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 am

This will have as much effect as all of the people emailing Masters directly: none. I think it's f***ing hilarious that after months of saying "politics shouldn't be involved in football" when the Saudi regime was being called into question or when various MPs were sticking their nose in, our fans now want Boris Johnson to deal with the matter personally <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Takeover Petition

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Already passed 70,000 mark <notbad>

Post Reply