Boxing Thread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Bellew always comes across as a complete knob so I’d happily see him take a battering.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze

Post by Chappy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm
Bellew always comes across as a complete knob so I’d happily see him take a battering.
Well he got knocked the f*** out. He actually did alright in the early rounds to be fair to him, though.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Chappy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Well he got knocked the **** out. He actually did alright in the early rounds to be fair to him, though.
So is that him retired now?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm
Chappy wrote:

Well he got knocked the **** out. He actually did alright in the early rounds to be fair to him, though.
So is that him retired now?
Supposed to be.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by CIH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Chappy wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Was winning on two of the cards as well. Was a good fight, but Usyk too good, always was. Bellew too long in the tooth for a fight like that, started well but just doesn't have enough to fight that kind of fight for 12 rounds any more. As for him being a nob, the gobby scouser thing is who he is, of course it is, but I find him quite down to earth. Fighting family man with his heart on his sleeve. Was underrated as a technical boxer for years as well. Far less of a cronut than the likes of Froch and Haye, in my opinion. Will likely follow their example into sky punditry anyway.

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm

To me Bellew was a boxer who made the most of his limited abilities and deserves a load of credit for attaining the match ups he did.

He was gobby for a simple reason; get his name mentioned and maintain it for the last years of his career.

He had enough about him to compete but never enough to truly win top bouts.

Well played to him but with all respect I'm glad he's retiring so others can step up and take his place.

Usyk will be battered when he steps up to the best of the heavy weight division. He'll likely beat a few bums but won't ever truly make a title challenge.