NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5809
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Colly » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm

And we don't need someone specifically to ping 70 yard balls from the edge of our area when we have Schar and Lejeune. Even today he took the ball off Fernandez there only to play a ball shitter than the one Fernandez would have played...

Scott Kirkland
Darlow's Do
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Scott Kirkland » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:28 am

We need a striker who does not make Joselu look world class.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27657
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 am

Wouldn’t mind Batshuayi on loan in Jan but Chelsea probably wouldn’t let him go.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1799
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 am
Wouldn’t mind Batshuayi on loan in Jan but Chelsea probably wouldn’t let him go.
33 year old Giroud apparently made available for 5m. Doubt they would let both go, even if the ban is lifted.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27657
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 am

CIH wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 am
Wouldn’t mind Batshuayi on loan in Jan but Chelsea probably wouldn’t let him go.
33 year old Giroud apparently made available for 5m. Doubt they would let both go, even if the ban is lifted.
Would also be very decent but wages presumably an issue and wouldn't pay £5m for a 33 year old <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1799
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 am
CIH wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am


33 year old Giroud apparently made available for 5m. Doubt they would let both go, even if the ban is lifted.
Would also be very decent but wages presumably an issue and wouldn't pay £5m for a 33 year old <urgh>
Yeah, while I think Giroud would be a good signing in the short term, wouldn't happen under the current regime.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5809
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Colly » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 am

Zlatan is available...

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27657
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:24 am

Could still do a job in the PL! Wonder if he’ll accept paying in crap umbrellas and giant SD mugs <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Hjl » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 am
Zlatan is available...
Don't tease me.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9703
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 pm

His goodbye post to LA Galaxy fans was great!
I came, I saw, I conquered. Thank you @lagalaxy for making me feel alive again. To the Galaxy fans - you wanted Zlatan, I gave you Zlatan. You are welcome. The story continues...Now go back to watch baseball

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 am

Not directly to do with us but I hope we inserted a sell on clause!

"League One side Peterborough have placed a £13m asking price on English striker Ivan Toney, 23, who has been linked with Burnley and Bournemouth. (Sun)"

Taken from the BBC gossip column and I know it's The Sun!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27657
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 am

£13m <laugh>

Did we sell Toney to them or was it a free transfer / he was out of contract?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 am
£13m <laugh>

Did we sell Toney to them or was it a free transfer / he was out of contract?
Sold him apparently for an undisclosed fee.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27657
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:51 am

UlversToon wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 am
£13m <laugh>

Did we sell Toney to them or was it a free transfer / he was out of contract?
Sold him apparently for an undisclosed fee.
Wonder if there’s a buy-back clause...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8892
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Speedo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 am

Steve Bruce wants Granit Xhaka on loan. I think he’d be a quality signing, European-quality player IMO. Also an enjoyable shithouse.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10665
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am

Speedo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 am
Steve Bruce wants Granit Xhaka on loan. I think he’d be a quality signing, European-quality player IMO. Also an enjoyable shithouse.
Him and Hayden can play when each other is banned! I feel he's slightly misused at Arsenal given their style, but would be up for a relegation battle.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:38 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am
Speedo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 am
Steve Bruce wants Granit Xhaka on loan. I think he’d be a quality signing, European-quality player IMO. Also an enjoyable shithouse.
Him and Hayden can play when each other is banned! I feel he's slightly misused at Arsenal given their style, but would be up for a relegation battle.
Relegation battle, what relegation battle? We're only 2 (TWO) points off the European places and Arsenal in 6th place! ;)

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9296
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Xhaka would be a poor signing.

Does nothing except score a wonder goal for time to time and get the odd sending off.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9703
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:19 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Xhaka would be a poor signing.

Does nothing except score a wonder goal for time to time and get the odd sending off.
So like all of our existing central midfielders then? <laugh> I think we may be overestimating our current CM, which are about as inconsistent as they come. I'm glad they're looking into improving the position, though ultimately hope we end up with someone else - just because I think Xhaka is carrying a lot of baggage right now and I'd want him to rebuild his confidence first.

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9296
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:19 pm
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Xhaka would be a poor signing.

Does nothing except score a wonder goal for time to time and get the odd sending off.
So like all of our existing central midfielders then? <laugh> I think we may be overestimating our current CM, which are about as inconsistent as they come. I'm glad they're looking into improving the position, though ultimately hope we end up with someone else - just because I think Xhaka is carrying a lot of baggage right now and I'd want him to rebuild his confidence first.
Yeah <laugh>

I don't think he offers anything that we don't already have (which isn't much).

Post Reply