Coronavirus

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23435
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Coronavirus

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm


People defending him but absolutely slating Corbyn and his brother in the same tweet.
There was someone else on the "left" , mp, lord, public figure who broke the lockdown, went to see his dad on his birthday or something, sociallybdistanced and Hancock said it was a police matter...
They just don't give a f*** and are so brazen. They know scores of people will leap to their defence and the Tory MPs have all started with their "don't politicise this!" ****. The PMs senior aide broke the law, how can that not be political?!
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Hjl » Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 am

It's funny seeing how different attitudes are in the US and UK to rules and social pressure.

People seem to be following the rules in the UK by and large. Here the general feeling towards politicians and rule makers is, if you want o remain elected stop telling me what to do.

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Hjl » Sun May 24, 2020 1:12 am

Hjl wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 am
It's funny seeing how different attitudes are in the US and UK to rules and social pressure.

People seem to be following the rules in the UK by and large. Here the general feeling towards politicians and rule makers is, if you want to remain elected stop telling me what to do.

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9651
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun May 24, 2020 9:09 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 pm


There was someone else on the "left" , mp, lord, public figure who broke the lockdown, went to see his dad on his birthday or something, sociallybdistanced and Hancock said it was a police matter...
They just don't give a f*** and are so brazen. They know scores of people will leap to their defence and the Tory MPs have all started with their "don't politicise this!" ****. The PMs senior aide broke the law, how can that not be political?!
The amount of people now sipping the tory kool aid is so depressing, living in a historically labour area and seeing people who voted tory last election who are now doubling down on it make me fear for the future, people went on about the "cult of corbyn" well this is more of a cult than ever before to be honest, Boris Johnson could demand the heads of everyone's firstborn child and you would have these berks sharpening cleavers muttering how its all labours fault and Boris is an angel.

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10906
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 am

Two sides of the same coin in terms of their cultists populist behaviour, Corbyn and Johnson. The amount of people calling Cummings "Dom" makes me feel ill.

Least Labour have got an adult in charge now, just need Johnson to topple.

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3544
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:09 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm


They just don't give a f*** and are so brazen. They know scores of people will leap to their defence and the Tory MPs have all started with their "don't politicise this!" ****. The PMs senior aide broke the law, how can that not be political?!
The amount of people now sipping the tory kool aid is so depressing, living in a historically labour area and seeing people who voted tory last election who are now doubling down on it make me fear for the future, people went on about the "cult of corbyn" well this is more of a cult than ever before to be honest, Boris Johnson could demand the heads of everyone's firstborn child and you would have these berks sharpening cleavers muttering how its all labours fault and Boris is an angel.
Pure echo chambers. Also shows how not being able to critically analyse things makes you entirely susceptible to what others tell you. Very disturbing.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23435
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Coronavirus

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm

The Tory party are making themselves into something that is immune to criticism. They've watched Donald Trump get away with and now anything negative relating to the Tories is fake news, leftie propaganda etc. You now cannot criticise the PM of the country because "he's trying his hardest #bekind" and any criticism of anyone else will immediately be met with "don't make this political" and "Corbyn is worse". The number of people willing to blindly follow Johnson and the rest of his hideous party is mind blowing.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Colly » Sun May 24, 2020 5:54 pm

I'd like to think that won't work as well over here though, especially now that it isn't Johnson vs Corbyn. Plus I don't think he's as thick skinned (or thick generally) as Trump, a few years of harsh press and Starmer at PMQs will do him in.

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10867
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Hacks talking about tory mps inundated with angry emails from constituents. Lets hope they have the integrity.... No lets hope they realise this could screw them personally and for selfish reasons turn on boris and the vote leave crew.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

seaside nipper
Bruce's Cabbage
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am
Location: West of Scotland by the sea

Re: Coronavirus

Post by seaside nipper » Sun May 24, 2020 6:20 pm

<disgrace> Absolutely disgusting press briefing today with the PM. It beggars belief that this character ( or rather lack of ) is actually the UKs leader.
Plenty of bluster, bumptious, arrogant, ignorant and brass neck guesswork on display with all this.
Its all the don’t you dare tell ME I’ll tell all YOU lot attitude, what an absolute cnunt that man is.
Compares well with the retail bully boy sort of model.
Clydeside & Tyneside

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10906
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Well f*** me. I don't think you could have written anything worse to be honest.

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10906
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm
The Tory party are making themselves into something that is immune to criticism. They've watched Donald Trump get away with and now anything negative relating to the Tories is fake news, leftie propaganda etc. You now cannot criticise the PM of the country because "he's trying his hardest #bekind" and any criticism of anyone else will immediately be met with "don't make this political" and "Corbyn is worse". The number of people willing to blindly follow Johnson and the rest of his hideous party is mind blowing.
I honestly think this is a turning point, he won't go today, or next week, or next month, neither will Cummings but I think a large large majority of the population are outraged. Cummings broke the lockdown, something we are all going through, people have lost friend's and family in a collective tragedy and the PM has basically pissed all over it live on the BBC, it can't be hidden.

It will take time but the mask has slipped.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20894
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ALF » Sun May 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Too many people don't see just how disgusting this government is. They really are like the Mike Ashley of politics, 'You guys don't understand how f***ing horrible we can be'.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Colly » Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm
The Tory party are making themselves into something that is immune to criticism. They've watched Donald Trump get away with and now anything negative relating to the Tories is fake news, leftie propaganda etc. You now cannot criticise the PM of the country because "he's trying his hardest #bekind" and any criticism of anyone else will immediately be met with "don't make this political" and "Corbyn is worse". The number of people willing to blindly follow Johnson and the rest of his hideous party is mind blowing.
I honestly think this is a turning point, he won't go today, or next week, or next month, neither will Cummings but I think a large large majority of the population are outraged. Cummings broke the lockdown, something we are all going through, people have lost friend's and family in a collective tragedy and the PM has basically pissed all over it live on the BBC, it can't be hidden.

It will take time but the mask has slipped.
Cummings will be gone by June at the latest, too many Tory MPs have gone public about him and even tomorrow's Daily Mail say he has to go. That being said odds are he'll still pull the strings in private anyway.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23435
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Coronavirus

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 am

He'll have to make do with a huge payoff and guarantee that he will get a top job in some wanky thinktank where he will still have a huge amount of influence.
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20200
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Coronavirus

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 25, 2020 9:25 am

I've no time for Cummings and he did flout the lockdown rules but in the grand scheme of things; this is a distraction. BoJo could have used it to set an example but he opted not to for his own reasons.

People have been flouting the restrictions since they started but thankfully it has remained a small minority. Just because one man in a position of influence did it shouldn't mean that now we'll all treat the restrictions with disdain and if we do; we're f***ing morons.

The bigger picture still remains that we're in the clarts economically and at the same time need to ensure that by October we're prepared for the second wave.

Focus on that is the most important.

Dont forget Cummings though. Never let him live it down but dont forget what epic issues lie ahead.

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20200
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Coronavirus

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 am

Anyway. Off the fix the f***ing bath as my wife dumped a crap load of dirt down it for some f***ing reason and both the showers are broken so it's our only means of washing.

f***ing idiot!!!!!!

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9651
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 am

Either some of you have too much faith in the electorate or I have way too little, this will all die down in a week or so, neither Johnson or Cummings will be held to account, this is a Tory country, and people will not go against what they have voted for, any criticism by anyone who switched to tory, in their mind they would essentially be saying "I was wrong", the majority have egos so fragile they would argue the sky wasn't blue, like I said before, you are seeing a lot of people especially working class doubling down on their backing of Johnson. I've heard people recently saying NHS has had more than enough funds but they just wasted it all so you cannot blame the government" this is in a labour heartland (although not for much longer imo).

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10906
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon May 25, 2020 5:43 pm

It's an apathetic country, not a Tory one. Hopefully this will force people into action.

seaside nipper
Bruce's Cabbage
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am
Location: West of Scotland by the sea

Re: Coronavirus

Post by seaside nipper » Mon May 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:43 pm
It's an apathetic country, not a Tory one. Hopefully this will force people into action.
Makes you wonder just who is running the country. Cummings sitting there in the No 10 Rose Garden and the PM slobbering his way through another cluster f*** of a briefing defending his friend. Absolute shambles
Clydeside & Tyneside

Post Reply